Major North American Bank Relies on PACOM for All Its Security Needs at Hundreds of Locations
The subject bank is a subsidiary of a larger bank, and together the two entities have over $20 billion in assets and thousands of employee associates. Primary banking offices are located in seven Midwest and Southwest states.
Several years ago, members of the bank’s security team witnessed PACOM’s GMS multi-site security management platform in action at another major bank. They liked what they saw, but at the time, the GMS system was largely proprietary, and to truly work for the end-user, they wanted more of an open architecture. PACOM listened to that feedback and moved toward a more open system architecture.
The bank has installed over 300 controller panels throughout their branch network. Each panel has the capacity to handle 256 alarm inputs, 64 outputs, 64 card readers (doors) and a maximum of 256,000 cardholders. The only system limitation is the storage capacity of the OS/hard drive, proving PACOM GMS is a true enterprise system.
“PACOM is really known for their extremely high level of security, and they’ve really met our expectations. They’re always coming to the table offering new opportunities for system integration.”
Director of Corporate Security and Safety
- The reliability and stability of the GMS platform have allowed PACOM and the bank to develop a highly productive partnership.
- PACOM’s open architecture simplifies the system, allowing the bank’s network technical teams to better understand system operation—putting them in charge while offering superior system ease of use.
- What sets PACOM apart is two-fold. The company designs all its own hardware and software and card access and alarms are managed on the same panel.
- PACOM’s integrated access and alarms are unique in the banking industry, plus the system can be remotely managed over the bank’s private network, not in the cloud, not over the open Internet.
- The GMS system offers integrated maps and alarm monitoring, in addition to access control management, so end users have all the reporting needed to accomplish any type of investigation.
GMS is the perfect multi-site security management platform, providing integration between access control, intrusion, video, intercom and virtually any building management or security solution. Designed to manage thousands of locations simultaneously through a single interface, while providing industry-leading availability and redundancy. GMS meets end-user demands for a multi-site security system with multiple integrations, which can be managed through a single interface simultaneously for an unlimited number of locations.