Hancock Whitney Corporation Standardizes on PACOM GMS Multi-site Security Platform
Hancock Whitney wanted a single, unified security platform that would enable them to do in-house monitoring of alarms that are accurate and result in a timely issue resolution. In recent years, the company purchased another banking entity, which used third-party monitoring of security alarms. As Al Tapper, Hancock Whitney’s Manager of Bank Protective Services recounted, “It was one false alarm after another. That’s dangerous, and it can be quite expensive.”
The PACOM GMS software platform manages card access and intrusion monitoring at 258 locations and growing. Hancock Whitney does all of its alarm monitoring 24/7/365 from a central location in Gulfport, MS. There are also two company data centers monitored and protected by PACOM GMS.
“PACOM helps us adapt the system to our changing needs; and when we provide feedback, PACOM listens and will consistently respond directly to that feedback.”
Al Tapper, CPP, Manager,
Bank Protective Services
Hancock Whitney Corporation
- One of the biggest advantages of the PACOM system is it’s all-inclusive, with integrated card access and alarms. The entire, growing company is on a single, integrated platform.
- The system currently provides access to more than 5,000 cardholders with varying levels of access privileges. Alarm protocols are in place for each location, with Tapper and his team managing and monitoring the system.
- The company does all its alarm monitoring in-house, which is a big plus because security can immediately verify what is going on in any of their financial centers and ATMs.
- The PACOM system also helps with disaster recovery, and monitoring staff can see what’s going on in all of the financial centers and confirm if all the alarms are working.
- Hancock Whitney has launched another phase to its company-wide security platform: video integration. When an alarm goes off in any branch, the central monitoring station will automatically be able to see events associated with that alarm.
GMS is a robust multi-site security management platform, providing integration between access control, intrusion, video, intercom, and virtually any building management or security solution. It is designed to manage thousands of locations simultaneously through a single interface, while providing industry-leading availability and redundancy. GMS meets end-user demands for a multi-site security system with multiple integrations.