Building Management Systems
PACOM GMS integrated security management platform, interfaces with building management systems (BMS) that use BACNet and Modbus protocols.
Building management systems are used to monitor and control building services such as:
- Fire, smoke detection and alarms
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Motion detectors, CCTV, security and access control
- ICT systems
- Industrial processes or equipment
- Smart meters
PACOM GMS Building Management System interface allows you to adopt a single point of control by integrating new and existing building systems through affordable, integrated security platform and realise many benefits, including:
- Enterprise-wide view and automated building control processes
- Improve safety
- Improve security – when the alarm system is disarmed, the lighting and air-conditioning system could be activated for the appropriate area or floor.
- Increased productivity and operational efficiency by an alarm being triggered when a BMS alarm occurs such as a cooling system failure.
- Improved response time to events
- Reduced installation and life cycle costs
Integration can also be achieved with devices that can output analog data. This means that information from utilities as well as temperature and lighting sensors can be read and different events can be triggered depending on the condition.